Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day in San Diego

We all had a great weekend! Great weather, great fun, great beach, great food and great company!
...............................................................................
Aircraft Carrier The Midway

We took a weekend trip to San Diego and our first stop was the Midway. This was a really cool! The ship was in commission from 1945 to 1992.

Lincoln is sitting on a heat seeking bomb, Whoa!

The ship was so big, but the bunk space was so small. Josh barely fit. I couldn't imagine living in quarters like this for months and months at a time. You can't be claustrophobic if you were to work on this ship.

It's hard to see this picture, but it shows how small the door ways are. Also they are every few yards. You have to watch out for your head and your shins! ouch! They were called shin busters and the most treated injury on the ship was split foreheads because everything is so low overhead. Also the hallways mazed around so much. I was completely lost and would have never found my way out if there wasn't signs.


Lincoln and I got to sit in an F-4. It was really awesome! There are buttons and knobs everywhere! I'm thinking how could anyone know what to do with all of these gauges, buttons and things.


It looks like Lincoln is flying his first F-4



This picture is also hard to see, but it is Josh and Jimmy getting out of the flight simulator. Josh took Jimmy for quite the ride. We could hear them laughing and screaming inside while Josh was doing barrel rolls and other maneuvers.

Lincoln got tuckered just watching
.............................................................................
San Diego Zoo

The next day we went to the zoo. I wanted to see every animal exhibit, but I don't think that is possible to do in just one day. That means I'll have to go back:)


Josh blended right in!




One minute we were trekking along and the next I look back and this is what I saw

1 comment:

The Chases said...

You guys are You look amazing by the way=) How big is Lincoln? I know wyatt is big but Lincoln looks like a big fella too! Hope you are well! XO Jess